Create new account button does not show

Create new account button does not show

by Jon Malmsten -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I am running Moodle 2.3.2. Quick install at web hotel hostgator.com.

Everything seems fine but I can’t get the self-enrolment to work properly. When I click a course only the login function is displayed; no text to the right saying:

Is it your first time here

Etc.

And no Create new account button.

I guess I have missed some settings somewhere. What I have tried so far is:

• Enabled Self Enrolment under Users/Enrolment methods
  • Checked that Self Enrolment plugin is installed and enabled (Site administration/Plugins/Enrolments)
  • Enabled Email-based self-registration plugin under Site administration/Plugins/Authentication

In the homepage of my moodle installation the course appears with a Self-Enrolment icon on the right so it seems as the enrolment method is activated.

Does anyone have any ideas? Would be grateful for advices!

I have another instance with moodle version 1.9 running at another server and on that instance the self registration works, so I guess it’s no problem with my web browsers

Attachment selfenrol.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Malmsten

Re: Create new account button does not show

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. Enrolment means enrolling into a course while Authentication means logging in to a Moodle in the first instance. So if you want them to create a new account you need Authentication. Take a look at the documentation on email based self registration here http://docs.moodle.org/en/Email-based_self-registration

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jon Malmsten -
Thanks! I found a setting that I had missed to adjust the common settings. Regards Jon
In reply to Jon Malmsten

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers
Not bumping this thread. Just adding an image to show the viewer what the common settings are that Jon missed and later found:

Average of ratings: Useful (1)