Assignments Submitted Work not found.

Assignments Submitted Work not found.

by rob coles -
Number of replies: 11
Our assignment module seems to have gone nuts. Submitted work can't be downloaded. I just get file not found. url.net/moodle/pluginfile.php/40291/assignsubmission_file/submission_files/14418/Copy%20of%20Burgers.xlsx?forcedownload=1 Moodle version Moodle 2.3.2 PHP Version 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.4 Apache Version Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Any ideas where to start?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to rob coles

Re: Assignments Submitted Work not found.

by Eric Engen -

I have a similar situation. Students have submitted a single file assignment. The submission status says that the file has been submitted for grading. But there is no file listed to click on to download for grading. The student side also shows that an assignment was uploaded, but there is nothing to click on to resubmit or open.

Running versions 2.3.2 (build 20121101)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachment Missing_moodle_file.jpg
In reply to rob coles

by Derek Bissinger -

The exact same behavior is happening with my Moodle site: Moodle 2.3.3+ (Build: 20121123)

In reply to Derek Bissinger

by Derek Bissinger -

Even if the student uploads a file a second time, I get the same error: "Sorry, the requested file could not be found."

However, if I login as the student and edit the submission, I can click on the uploaded file where the student would normally go to delete the submitted file. Once that window opens, there is a download link next to the delete link. That download link works and allows me to view the uploaded file as the teacher. That is a painful process however and I hope there is a solution.

by Damyon Wiese -

Hi Derek,

Can you please post the 2 URLs so I can see if they appear differently - (The working one and the not working one).

Thanks, Damyon

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Derek Bissinger -

The first (from the grade all submissions page): http://www.digitallearningdelivered.com/moodle/pluginfile.php/5338/assignsubmission_file/submission_files/10/Chapter%201%20Assignment.docx?forcedownload=1

The second as logged in as the student as described previously. This link is available when you click the uploaded file when editing a submission as a student which will open the window with the download link that works as well as the delete link right next to it: http://www.digitallearningdelivered.com/moodle/mod/assign/view.php?id=5205&action=editsubmission#

by Damyon Wiese -

Hi Derek,

Can you try changing the admin config setting "slasharguments" ? This may resolve your problem. 

Regards, Damyon

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Cameron Penna -

Hi Damyon, what are the side effects of changing the slasharguments?

Also what is the root cause of these assignments not being able to be downloaded?

cheers

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Bruno Lima -

Hi this also worked for me, but changing this doesn´t effect the performance ? Since its not cacheable ?