embed moodle chat window

embed moodle chat window

by jaffa jay -
Number of replies: 5

Hi

Is it possible to embed the chat window in the same place as the course content appears? For my classroom, I will only be playing a youtube video that has been embedded and I would like the chat module to appear underneath rather than open in a popup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jaffa jay

Re: embed moodle chat window

by David Watson -

Did you find an answer to this?  I'm interested in the same thing.

In reply to jaffa jay

by Nigel Irwin -

Create your chat as usual.

Open the chat and take a note of it's URL

Create a Label and use the IFrame tag in HTML using the URL of the chat as it's source

Looks strange at first but refresh and it will appear normal

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Nigel Irwin

by David Watson -

Thanks that does work.  On testing it, I'd actually rather use a simple discussion forum under the video, instead of chat, as forum preserves the history of the conversation better (i.e. does not archive it all off each time you leave the chat). 

The problem I then have is that I can't put a discussion forum alone into an iframe, without also putting the full page into the iframe too, complete with side and top navigation.  With chat it's easy, as the chat opens in a small pop up window, the url of which you can use for the iframe

In reply to David Watson

by Paula Clough -

David,

You can embed your Youtube video in the description part of the forum and it will show up.  Click on the HTML link on your editor and copy in the embed code from Youtube, click on the update button and save the forum.  See picture below.

Paula cool

Attachment embed videos in forum.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)