course backup died during "Confirmation and review"

course backup died during "Confirmation and review"

by hugo joe -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle 2.3.2 in Debian squezze

I followed the link to backup one course with 30 subjects.  I selected all the  items to include in backup then click the Next button, then it died in Confirmation and review page without any hint.

I need your help.

Best Regards.

Hugo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to hugo joe

Re: course backup died during "Confirmation and review"

by hugo joe -

The backup works well for small courses. 

upload_max_filesize=30M

extramemorylimit 1024M   

What and how should I  configure?

In reply to hugo joe

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Have you looked at the error messages?

Go to Site Administration > Server > Debugging and then to error mesages, a dropdown list box and select ALL: Show all reasonable PHP error messages.

Do the backup again, and see what error messages you get, if any. If you get none, then it may be a server error, so check your server logs, or there is something in the course that is not allowing you to back it up all at once?

One thing you can do is break the course backup into two or three parts, by backing up just a part of the course at a time. See if the glitch causing the problem can be isolated. Each backup should have a different name, and when restored, use the "Restore into existing course". That, I have found sometimes, can be more revealing, and less stressfull. Student enrollments go into the first part and not included after that. 

If a part does not backup, does the same thing, then just keep working through it element by element, until you are successful. This allows you to you locate, specifically, the element causing the problem.   

In reply to Colin Fraser

by hugo joe -
It works. Thanks. Hugo
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Malcolm Drew -

Hi, I've been having the same issue. I've been able to back up one course by splitting it into two parts as you suggested but another course doesn't back up no matter how small I try to make the back up.

I get different errors each time I try, but mainly they are similar to this one:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 127013 bytes) in /home1/createto/public_html/moodle/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/Renderer/Default.php on line 324

The difference with other error messages is usually just a different file and line. I have no idea how to resolve it. My server is an online hosting provider that gives unlimited overall storage but does have max size on single file uploads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Malcolm