Conditional Grade Not Working

by Mark Leonas -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I set up the certificate to use

grade to be used: "course grade"

grade format: percentage

condition to grade: yes, 99, %

I actually have two graded assignments, certificate gateway, and course evaluation, but the only option that showed was "course grade".  When going through the course and getting 100% on each assignment, as shown in the table below, the course certificate is not released.  It gives the following message: "Your grade in this course is not sufficient to obtain this certificate. To get this certificate you need: 99% ."  Any idea what is going on here?

Certificate Gateway 100.00 0.00–100.00 100.00 %  
QuestionnaireCOURSE EVALUATION 100.00 0.00–100.00 100.00 %  
AggregationCourse total 100.00 0.00–100.00 100.00 %

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Leonas

Re: Conditional Grade Not Working

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mark,

The certificate module does not handle the conditional logic. That is handled by Moodle's core (assuming you are using Moodle 2 onwards). Just a note, the last value in the conditional field option when editing an activity is 'must be less than', so if you put '100%' then it will fail if a user obtains 100%, as it must be less than 100%, not less than or equal to. Try leaving this blank.

Regards,

Mark

In reply to Mark Nelson

by Mark Leonas -
Hi Mark. I actually am using Moodle 1.9. I am integrated with Course Merchant, which requires this version. I'm a bit confused, as the pop up help for the conditional on the certificate states: "Conditional to grade When you enable this option, certificates can be emitted only by students that have obtained a minimal defined grade, you need to choose minimal grade. System will use "Grade to be used" like reference to release certificate." This is what I am trying to achieve. Specifically, I want the certificate only released when a student has completed the evaluation (which will give them a score of 100%). The only option that shows for "grade to be used" is course grade, so that is why I set that to 99% as the "minimal defined grade". Because this is a course completion certificate, I don't want it to show until the evaluation is completed. I'm not sure what you are referring to above for the activity conditional field option.
In reply to Mark Leonas

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Mark,

As you are using Moodle 1.9.x, unfortunately Mark Nelson's answer don't apply because conditional grade was completely different in certificate for Moodle 1.9.

I fear not a lot of people still remember how the conditional grade code was working in certificate for Moodle 1.9. I only remember I had a lot of problems wich are now solved in Moodle 2.3 ...

I hope somebody will be able to answer your question.

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Mark Leonas -

I suspected this was the issue.  Thanks for the clarification.  Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction for setting up a conditional to release the certificate for Moodle 1.9?  The certificate module is of little use to me if I can't set it up to only release upon completion of the course/assignment somehow (either grade or completion conditional).