Extremely Slow

Extremely Slow

by Gerrit Anderson -
Number of replies: 1

I am building a new moodle server and i have came into some problems. It takes about 10 seconds to access a page on the site, locally, which is way too long. I believe I have everything up and running correctly, and have ran out of ideas that could speed up the site. I have searched the forum, and cant really find anyone else with this type of problem, with about the same specs, so here it is.

Moodle information: Moodle 2.2.5+, 2 users (1 admin and one normal user), and 1 course.

Web Server Specs: IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3.13, MySQL 5.5.28, and its using FastCGI

Server Specs: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 4.2 GHz Quad Core, 8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM, and 2 500GB 7200RPM HDD running RAID 1 (mirroring)

With this type of specs, I didnt think moodle would have any problem what so ever at running fast... Is there some type of setting that will help speed it up? Something else I need to add to make it work better? Anything is appreciated, because I really need to get this thing running faster. Also, just as a side note, Moodle 1.9 ran near the same speed, being a 10 second delay between pages loading.

Thanks, Gerrit

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerrit Anderson

Re: Extremely Slow

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Gerrit

So you haven't had progress in the "Windows-based servers" forum: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=213717 ?

There is something wrong in your server, software or hardware. For the kind of load you are talking Moodle should respond in sub-seconds. So it is the usual thing. Describe exactly how you installed, ideally the wiki page or tutorial you followed. How all the parameters set, specially the config.php in Moodle. And hope a Windows expert will volunteer to help you.

This is not Moodle-related: I still believe, getting your wireless driver working in Linux is going to be the only sensible solution for you, since you already have the Linux server going smoothly otherwise.