Survey module refactoring for Moodle 2.5

Re: Survey module refactoring for Moodle 2.5

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi everyone,

Just saw this about the new survey module and downloaded the current development version from github and installed it on my Moodle 2.6 dev site after removing the default survey module.

As teacher it works great so far, as I am able to develop and answer survey questions. However, as a student I am unable to see the questions, only the Pause and Submit buttons when I click on the Attempt tab. If the student clicks the Pause button, the teacher and student will see an in progress attempt. If the student clicks the Submit button, the teacher and student will see a closed attempt. But there is noting to see in the attempts.

Changing to the different Advanced Permissions did not make any difference.

I noticed the in the access.php file that none of the capabilities contain any student entries. Maybe that is why students cannot answer questions.

I am using Moodle 2.6dev (Build: 20130514).

Keep up the good work on the development,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Hi Al,

thanks for testing the Survey 2 module and giving your feedback. You have right, you spotted a regression caused by some internal changes to the module. The cause is now known and hopefully the fix should be available shortly. I'll follow up in this forum when the git repo will be updated.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Hello Al,

the github repo is now updated and the regression you spotted should not be present anymore. Feel free to report any issue you may find during testing.
In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Andrea,

Works great for the student role now. I will continue to try it out this summer as time permits.

Thanks,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Hi Al,

thank you for testing. I'm glad to know the regression is now fixed.

Cheers,
Andrea
In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by Mark Glynn -

Andrea,

I'm really excited about this new version of the survey tool. One small feature request. Can it be set that if they have not completed the survey, that an automatic e-mail is sent to them to remind them to fill it in (a conditional activity with a difference)

Kind regards

Mark