Why do I see Skip to...and no CSS?

Why do I see Skip to...and no CSS?

by Ali Bal -
Number of replies: 15

Hi everybody, I installed Moodle 2.3.2+ But I have some problems with my currently theme after installing. I tried to change the themes from the settings but nothing happened. It always looks like that. I thought that the problem is related to CSS. But I don't know how to fix the problem. Screenshot about the problem: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/adszccr.png/

(Edited by Mary Evans - original submission Thursday, 1 November 2012, 7:20 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ali Bal

Re: About the theme or CSS?

by Ali Bal -
Nobody help me?
In reply to Ali Bal

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The fact you have a calendar suggest that you have managed to login and alter the look of your site.

Which theme is that? 

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ali Bal -
The name of theme was Serenity. But it doesn't matter which theme is. Any themes always look like that. There are no icons and there is no Moodle logo at the bottom of the page and there is no any design.
In reply to Ali Bal

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That's strange as the page I looked at looked like the Afterburner layout.

Anyway this is not a theme issue this is General Instalation Problem so I will move this to another forum.

Sorry I can't help you

Mary

In reply to Ali Bal

Re: Why do I see Skip to...and no CSS?

by Ali Bal -

Nobody has an idea about my case? mixed

In reply to Ali Bal

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Ali,

Could it be a browser version issue? Have you tried with another browser?

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Ali Bal -

Yes. I tried with several browsers. In every browsers Moodle works perfectly (I mean admin panel, creating courses etc.) except any themes. 

In reply to Ali Bal

by Guillermo Madero -

What about visiting your site from another computer? This could be from a particular setting of your own computer.

In reply to Ali Bal

by Steve Kleine -

We had a similar thing happen to us, intermittent loss of connection to CSS. It turned out the site was left in design mode after a DR and this cleared the cache every time a page was loaded.

In reply to Ali Bal

by Mark Jones -

are you using php 5.4.8?

what server and IIS are you using?

mark

In reply to Mark Jones

by António Chaves -
I am using Php 5.3.16 Server Linux My sql 5.1.65-cll Chaves
In reply to António Chaves

by Mark Jones -

Mauno Korpelainen posted:

Usually the problem is in config.php ... for example :   - there should be no last php end tags ( ?> ) in any php files of moodle 2.X and particularly not in config.php   - config.php may be in a wrong file format, it should be saved as an ANSI file, not UTF-8 or UTF-8 with BOM ... some text editors may change the format when you edit and save config.php   - config.php may have whitespaces or some extra code before the first php tags   - you may need to purge all caches either from administration menu of moodle or from moodledata/cache folder

i compared you installation and mine and the only common factor is moodle itself. ( i have iis and ms sql)

i opened the config.php file and it had leading spaces. i cleaned up the file and saved it back as an ANSI file.

this fixed the problem. let me know what you find. mark

In reply to Mark Jones

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

It seems to be happening a lot lately. Example: see the Images do not display on my moodle site and Missing icons and images discussions.

Turning off the 'Use slash arguments' option under Site administration / Server / HTTP fixed it for me on my IIS 6 / MSSQL / WinXP dev machine. But I've got a niggly feeling that something else is invloved...