How to add GD support...

How to add GD support...

by Dallas Ray Smetter -
Number of replies: 4

I am trying to do a raw install on Fedora Core 3. During the OS install I can't seem to find GD, so afterwards I downloaded and installed the GD RPM from RPMFIND.NET.

Proceeding through the installation, I get the warning message that says "The GD library should be present to process and create images ".

The help button says "To add GD to PHP under Unix, compile PHP using the --with-gd parameter."

Got it... but how do I do that?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dallas Ray Smetter

Re: How to add GD support...

by Hiroto Kagotani -
Hi,
Did you added "extension=gd.so" or something like that in your php.ini or extensions.ini?  Also you need to restart your http server.

Hiroto

by Christopher Cowley -
find your php.ini file and make sure that extension=php_gd2.dll does not have a semi colon (;) in front of it . i.e delete the leading semi colon then save your php.ini file

by Dan Kirkwood -
You'll need to install the php-gd package:   "yum install php-gd" (as root) should do it if you have yum set up..  There is no need to change your php.ini

This probably ought to be in the Linux install notes -- I'll check to see how to get it added..
In reply to Dan Kirkwood

by Dallas Ray Smetter -
That is what I did right away after the install... but it still didn't work. If I knew exactly where it was on the installation DVD I could just do it during the initial installation but I can't seem to find it. I know it's there because I tried an "everything" installation for the heck of it and GD support was recognized by Moodle.