Add a YUI widget to the content of a page

Add a YUI widget to the content of a page

by tim st.clair -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers

In the case where I do NOT have the ability to modify the theme of a page, I still want to include YUI widgets, which I want to add by adding the html markup into this HTML editor, through the "Description" field in a course.

I'll follow the yuilibrary instructions for a tabview, to take an example (http://yuilibrary.com/yui/docs/tabview/). I've cut and paste their example and placed it in a theme-container (since I don't have access to <body>):

This does NOT exectute. I see no tabs. It does however throw a javascript error in the debugger:

This particular error message is new to me. I have no idea what it is trying to tell me. I have no idea why it doesn't work. I'm guessing that since Moodle 2.3 also uses YUI internally that there could be a conflict, but I do not have the ability to modify the theme so I can't include the functionality of YUI any other way (and tabview doesn't seem to be part of the theme, since Moodle doesn't load the whole library apparently).

Is it moodle? Is it my browser? Is it just impossible without changing the theme file?I can click the link within the source code and the browser opens it fine.

Average of ratings: -