Any module for Bulk upload for Topics for courses in Topics Format.

Any module for Bulk upload for Topics for courses in Topics Format.

by Sunil Pathak -
Number of replies: 6

Any pointers  / suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sunil Pathak

Re: Any module for Bulk upload for Topics for courses in Topics Format.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Sunil,

From your post title I'm not completely sure what you are asking?  Please expand.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Sunil Pathak -

basically the courses (close to 50) has 100's of topics each which i do not want to manually upload via the UI which is a slow process.For that, i want some bulk ipload of topic for each course.

I am also OK to directcly upload into the DB with sql (but not sure which table contains topics..)

In reply to Sunil Pathak

by Sunil Pathak -

basically the courses (close to 50) has 100's of topics (or sections) each which i do not want to manually upload via the UI which is a slow process.For that, i want some bulk ipload of topics (or section details) for each course.

I am also OK to directcly upload into the DB with sql (but not sure which table contains topics..)

In reply to Sunil Pathak

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So are you saying you have almost 50 courses with 100's of topics in each that you have to upload?  What form are the 'uploads' in at the moment?

I thought that there was a restriction on 52 topics per course?  Plus, that many topics per course does not sound like good course design.

Have you looked in the plugin's database?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Sunil Pathak -

Thanks Gareth.

Yes the no is high. I will restrict it to 52 or less but it is still high for manual upload. These are in excel.

In reply to Sunil Pathak

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Sunil,

So in effect you have an Excel spreadsheet with course names and associated topic titles?

Cheers,

Gareth