Essay answer Template

Essay answer Template

by Chris S -
Number of replies: 2

I've done a forum search and I've only found older posts (early 2010ish) about a possible way to add a template to the answer section of an essay question.  

I'm looking for a way to have a template so that I can structure student responses to an essay question within a quiz.  I often have multi-part questions or scenario style questions that some students would benefit from having a template to aid their answer.  Another idea for using a template would be that I could have a graphic organizer as part of a question where the students would complete the relevant sections.  A template would aid the students in organizing their thoughts.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris S

Re: Essay answer Template

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, this is a good idea, but it has never been implemented. (The other obvious missing feature in Essay is word-counts.)

I don't think there is a tracker issue for this. Someone should create one so we can start accumulating votes.

In reply to Chris S

Odp: Essay answer Template

by Marek Marczak -

Well, I think this is a great idea. it would also be great to have a set of tools (I don't know if that is technically possible) for marking the essay e.g. to hightlight words with grammatical mistakes in read and lexical ones in green with an option to suggest alternative versions in a popups. Of cours,e word count would also be welcome.