Images Not Showing

Images Not Showing

by roc mehra -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

Suddenly images stop showing on my moodle.

HTTP Transfer Error - 151: 404 Not Found.Error comes

Average of ratings: -
In reply to roc mehra

Re: Images Not Showing

by Martin Mastny -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Testers

Have you tried to purge all caches in Moodle? Or a different browser?

In reply to Martin Mastny

by roc mehra -

Yes, I have tried even graph of statstics not showing.

In reply to roc mehra

by Mauno Korpelainen -

When you cross-post this kind of messages with minimal info about your site to several forums you mostly waste other moodlers time - did you actually read the old posts that you get with the search box or google?

For example IF you have recently tried to upgrade from moodle 1.9 to moodle 2:

- your old config.php might have no write permissions and upgrading scripts can't upgrade that file. In moodle 2 config.php should not have the last php end tags ?> (in moodle 1.9 config.php had those tags) and some settings like $CFG->wwwroot may have changed

- your site might have mod_security enabled and it may not allow any permission changes

- slash arguments setting

- mixing old and new file versions of moodle, for example moodle 1.9 themes do not work in moodle 2

- some rewrite settings in .htaccess files (created with CPanel)

and so on. You can easily check server (error) logs or use mouse right click (in IE) over missing image place holder to get the problematic url or check source of your site with any browser to see if it's broken by some strange looking code. Or you can use error debugging in most browsers to see if some javascript is breaking the source.

And finally if you have tried all the tips that google gives you the last tip is to give a link to your site so that others can check possible reasons for missing images...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to roc mehra

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Suddenly? 

What were you doing before the images you were looking at vanished?

Perhaps the images were illegal and your site administrator banned them?

In reply to Mary Evans

by roc mehra -

Hi All,

I have checked the config files. $CFG->wwwroot is ok. And also my moodledata folder contains images. But images are still not showing.My site running on intranet so that i can't give you the URL