Student Records Hidden in Past Groups when Moved

Student Records Hidden in Past Groups when Moved

by Daniel Lombardo -
Number of replies: 0

Hi 

My issue seems a little confusing, I'm afraid. Artem wasn't kidding when he said, "!!! DO NOT USE on production servers !!!"

I am looking for a way to purge attendance records from sessions in groups that a student in no longer in. My goal is to clear the records and therefore correct the attendance grade from miscellaneous records that are unseen. A way to unmark attendance could help or someway of transferring the records into the new group's session.

Recently the admin office at my college made a mess of the registrations, suffice to say, we had to do a lot of transfers early on. As the attendance sessions are associated with the groups in a separate groups setup, if they were moved into a different group and the teacher had already marked them absent inside the first group, it goofs up their attendance score. To have those records moved with the student would be preferable although separate groups is a nice benefit of the new module. It's good to separate by groups so the teach can easily see sessions they have not completed, but if the student changes groups, this problem occurs.

Please see attached PNG of what the individual's report might look like. You can see the repeat sessions, 1 marked present and the highlighted marked absent. This also effects the Attendance Grade. How can I remove a session from ever being recorded, or can anyone think of a nice solution to fix it for these students?

Attachment attendance_probs.PNG
Average of ratings: -