Grid Format - Topic 0 title missing

Grid Format - Topic 0 title missing

by Nick Varney -
Number of replies: 6

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere. I'm running Moodle 2.3.2+ (Build: 20121014) and have installed Grid Format 2.3.1.

It seems to remove the Topic 0 title (I believe that's the correct description) when I apply it to any of the courses we have.

When I move thie summary to the grid the title for topic 0 appears again.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nick Varney

Re: Grid Format - Topic 0 title missing

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Nick,

Please download the latest version from https://github.com/PukunuiAustralia/moodle-courseformat_grid/zipball/MOODLE_23_STABLE which should solve the problem.  If so, please let me know and I'll PM Julian to update the plugin's database.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Nick Varney -

Thanks for the reply Gareth.

Do I need to follow the reinstall instructions? i.e

If already installed, remove the row with the 'plugin' of 'format_grid' in the 'config_plugins' table and drop the 'format_grid_icon'
and 'format_grid_summary' tables before clicking on 'notifications'.

Cheers,

Nick

In reply to Nick Varney

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Nick,

Sorry, no you do not.  My fault, the instructions should be clearer.  You have a Beta from the plugin's database.  The reinstall instructions refer to previous development versions that were posted on this forum.

Cheers,

Gareth

Re: Grid Format - alignment

by Nick Varney -

Thanks Gareth, that worked nicely!

I wonder if you could advise on the alignment of the grid. Is it intended to align far left of the course content window? Could it be centered at all to align with topic 0? 

Cheers,

Nick

In reply to Nick Varney

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Nick,

I believe that it is.  The original author created a container that did not have the left and right side elements that are employed in the sections.

It could have the left and right elements, but in truth they are not needed as they would not contain any displayable information under any context.  Unlike the sections that contain section number and editing icons.  Adding side padding would only cause the number of grid boxes per row to decrease in smaller resolutions or be forced to reduce their size.  Please experiment with resizing your browser with the format to see what I mean.

Therefore despite the aparent symetrical anomiliy, I believe the way it works currently is the way it should.  After all, we don't want to assist the existence of the scroll of death for which the format is designed to hinder.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Nick Varney -
Hi Gareth, That's absolutely fine and I understand. Thanks again for your help with resolving my original problem.