General help

Picture of sue sugizaki
Guest login problem (v.2.2.5+)

Hi, I followed the instructions and double-checked the settings, but can't make it to set guest login... Q: why???

Average of ratings: -
moi!!! it is what is is...
Re: Guest login problem (v.2.2.5+)
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

mm what are you trying to do? As a general security rule, I do not permit guests onto my Moodles, ever. Not sure why anyone would want to, unless someone wants to use Moodle to sell a product.

Picture of Mark Callagher

Many of us use part of our Moodle sites as open web pages for the public. Moodle has come a long way. It is part web site AND an engaging course site. Surely the question should not be why? but why not?

Anyway. Has the problem been solved anyone?

Mary Cooch
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Well I can't answer for Sue but although there has been a problem with some people getting guest access due to  duplication in the database entries (for which there is a solution)for the vast majority of Moodle sites of different version, guest access works just fine. My school uses Moodle (1.9) as their website and the School demo Moodle http://school.demo.moodle.net/ is all guest access and that works fine too.