Face to face notifications - sender address

Face to face notifications - sender address

by Melissa Tommarello -
Number of replies: 7

Does anyone know if the face to face notifications should actually be coming from the sender address (facetoface_fromaddress) that you enter in face to face settings?  I thought it did this but now it is only use this as the name that appears in the 'From' field it is actually sending it from a noreply email address.  I can't remberer becasue it has been a while since I used the face to face module.

Thanks in adavace for any help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melissa Tommarello

Re: Face to face notifications - sender address

by Jenna Pitcher -

Hi Melissa,

As far as I know there is no such thing as a Face to Face "from
address". 

Jenna

In reply to Jenna Pitcher

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Actually Melissa is right. At least on our 2.2 install, the sender address in the face-to-face settings is what the visible address shows up as, but if the user tries to reply the address that populates the field is actually whatever "no reply" address is setup in the messages settings for their entire moodle installation.

I'm guessing that this is a bug or the unintended result of some other settings on the site. Alastair may be able to clarify (and I can test more after I'm back from my conference this coming week), but I'm guessing that it actually should in most cases actually use the listed address instead of the no reply address.

In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

by Jenna Pitcher -

Thank you for the correction Jeremy.  Totally forgot where I set that email address .....

In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

by Melissa Tommarello -

Thanks Jeremy - that is good to know.   I might add it to the Moodle Tracker then.  Do let me know if you get a chance to test it more.

Thanks

by Melissa Tommarello -

I have added this to the Moodle Tracker CONTRIB-3976

by Alastair Munro -

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the bug report. smile It looks like I'm going to be quite busy this week but I'll and find some time to fix the bug later in the week.

Cheers,
Alastair