SSO Moodle 2.3.2+ (Build: 20120920)

SSO Moodle 2.3.2+ (Build: 20120920)

by Colin Wheelhouse -
Number of replies: 5

We have just installed Moodle 2.3.2+ (Build: 20120920) on the latest Ubuntu platform and are using Windows domain (server 2008). The IT guys have got the SMB web client working using LDAP capture but the NTLM SSO refuses to play ball. I have turned on debugging to see if any clues are offered and there are two screenshots below.

When you try and access Moodle in school you get this

It then says Auto login failed and the debugging message says this.

This is the last piece of the puzzle really. Users can log in by the normal method but it seems a waste of time to double log in. All help appreciated.

Cheers

Wheelie.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colin Wheelhouse

Re: SSO Moodle 2.3.2+ (Build: 20120920)

by Colin Wheelhouse -

Update:

We are using the following setup:

Ubuntu version is 12.04.1 (with LAMP) Moodle 2.3.2 +

LDAP is working (as we can sign on using domain credentials)

LDAP Capture is working,

SMB WEb Client Network Drive is working

Only thing I have noticed with Moodle which might be the cause of this SSO problem is that the moodle server isn’t apart of our domain – and lots of articles are talking about joining the server to the domain using windbind.

Is there a way of using SSO without the server being a member of the domain?

Please help smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Raymon Akbar -
Picture of Testers

Hi Collin,

Have you finished the issue? I have too but today i'll try, if you have a answer please to be share smile thank you

by Oliver Steffen -

I am having the exact same issue with SSO. Our moodle server is not a member of the same domain as the users who need to logon. I would be interesed if anyone can confirm if moodle needs to be in the same domain or if there is a workaround.

Any help would be much apreciated...

by Oliver Steffen -

I am having the exact same issue with SSO. Our moodle server is not a member of the same domain as the users who need to logon. I would be interesed if anyone can confirm if moodle needs to be in the same domain or if there is a workaround.

Any help would be much apreciated...

In reply to Oliver Steffen

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

you will probably need that the Moodle server is part of the same domain forest at least, and that you use a Global Catalog server of the domain forest as your LDAP server (make sure you specify the G Global Catalog service port when configuring the LDAP server, as using the regular LDAP service port won't work).

I haven't tested any of this in a real setup, but thinking about it I'd say it could work.

Saludos. Iñaki.