Decaf v1.6 Stable released!

Decaf v1.6 Stable released!

by Paul Nicholls -
Number of replies: 6

Decaf v1.6 stable is now availble for download from the Plugins database.  This version fixes several issues, adds compatibilty with newer versions of Moodle and the $CFG->themedir setting and improves usability and performance.  A brief list of changes follows, for those who want more detail.

Changes since 1.6 RC6:
* Added support for $CFG->themedir
* Added 2.4dev compatibility
* Fix for edit buttons not appearing until page refreshed on activities/resources created by dropping files in
* Performance improvements (particularly if "Show all courses" option is enabled in Navigation settings)

Other changes since 1.5.1:
* Performance improvements (large reduction in the number of database queries being performed)
* Complete rewrite of Awesomebar styles
* Improvements to custom menu appearance, to match Awesomebar more closely
* Awesomebar now lingers for 500ms when the mouse moves off it
* Awesomebar now shifts long/low submenus up so they don't run off the bottom of the screen
* "Back to Top" arrow now present on front page
* Page layouts brought closer in line with standard and tidied up
* Don't show hidden nav/settings block stubs if Decaf is set to hide the applicable block
* Fix position and visibility of edit icons / edit buttons within block contents (i.e. menu block)
* Fix for modules sitting on top of Moodle 2.3 activity chooser
* Fix for deprecation warning when logging in as a non-admin user (if debug output is enabled)
* Fixes for other minor issues
* Moodle 2.3 compatibility

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Nicholls

Re: Decaf v1.6 Stable released!

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This all sounds pretty cool to me Paul. Thanks for the hard work!!! smile

Mary

by Derek Chirnside -

All going well with the decaf theme here Paul.  smile  I believe I have the latest version of Decaf: it says 2012101700 on the plugins page.

A few little suggestions.  I don't think any of them qualify as a bug.

1. I am still getting a band across the activity picker on an intemittent basis, but I cannot yet reproduce this reliably.  Watch this space.

2. The edit dropdown gets cut off when it it at the bottom of the last section:

As a fix you can shift the item to deal with it.

3. The HIDE link in the create a quiz screen could be a little darker.  smile  This was one panic help call.

4. Menu link thoughts.  In the Awesome bar.
    1. User 1: regular teacher: no particupants list

2. User 2: site administrator, gets the participants list

ie There is no link to participants in the Awesome bar for non-admin teachers

I guess I find the grouping of the items in the AB a little odd.  It would be good to have the participants list/reports somewhere like Course administration.
      There seems to be duplication in the profile options.
      But you may be just picking up the links form the regular menu.

5. Inside a section navigation:

a) The formatting is still a little funny (a bug in the tracker http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-35022 Danielle says it is not a bug, but I still find the problem exists)

b) Also: what about some tiny left and right thingys to point it in each direction so it is actually clear what the links are doing, OR reduce the font in the other two links.

This may of course not be you.  It may be in the format.

Just a few thoughts.

All in the cause of getting a perfect theme.

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Paul Nicholls -

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've just released version 1.6.1, which can be downloaded from the Plugins database as per usual.  It addresses some of your suggestions, as follows:

1. Let me know if you can figure out how to reliably reproduce this - I haven't seen it myself.
  2. In order to work around this, I've added some extra padding - so you might notice that pages get a little bit longer when editing is turned on.  It's not a huge amount, but it should be enough to allow you to get at the entire dropdown.
  3. I've tidied this up a bit - the link is now the same colour as other links in Decaf, and the ugly dark blue 3/4 border is now gone.
  4. The Participants link does not appear to be present in that location for non-admin teachers in the standard Navigation block - if it gets made visible to them, it should automatically appear in the Awesomebar.  The grouping of items in the Awesomebar is down to the grouping of items in the Navigation and Settings blocks.  I do recall an attempt to get reports etc shifted, but I don't think it went anywhere (you can probably find at least one tracker ticket on this subject if you look hard enough).
  5. I've made the previous/next section links smaller, and added little Unicode left/right arrows to them.  Hopefully, that'll make it a bit clearer what they are - and stop them from drawing attention away from the actual section title.  As for the tracker ticket, perhaps it wasn't clear to Daniele that the issue only arises if the length of the previous and next sections' titles are out of balance - the latest screenshot posted uses names which are very close in length to each other, so it balances out and the issue doesn't show itself.  If you're still experiencing the issue in the Standard theme, you might want to add a comment to that effect (and reopen it, if you have the power to do so).

-Paul

by Derek Chirnside -

Paul.  Thanks.  Working on these, I'll get back to you.  I will update sometime to the new version.

Today I was working on another computer with less pixel height and have hit another limit:

The My courses menu is truncated at the top if it is too long and the website scrolls, but not the list of courses.

Work around: make the txt smaller.  Resign from some courses.

I hope I have not missed something obvious.  smile

-Derek

Re: Decaf - small scrolling bug>

by Derek Chirnside -

Paul, sorry to bother you, did you notice this post?

Derek

Re: Decaf - small scrolling bug>

by Paul Nicholls -

Hi Derek,

Sorry - this one must've slipped through the cracks somewhere.  The same issue has come up here at UC, though - albeit with the list of sections in a very large course, rather than the "my courses" list - so it's on my radar and I have a couple of ideas on potential solutions.

-Paul