Read tracking

Read tracking

by Andy Corson -
Number of replies: 0

I've recently upgraded to 2.3 from 1.9 so am having a few issues at the moment and would really appreciate a point in the right direction.

I am having a few problems trying to get read tracking working. I want trainees to be able to indicate they have read and understood forum posts.

I have forced subscription to the forum. Read tracking is on.

I have been to Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Forum and enabled track unread posts. I halve also clicked on 'manual message read' to enable it, however the default still says 'No' - I can't find where i need to change the default setting for this. Or perhaps i don't need to change it if clicking on it overides the default??

According to moodledocs http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Forum_settings#Read_tracking_for_this_forum.3F there should be an option for trainees to choose to track unread posts however i can't see this when i log in as a trainee. It should be visible under Navigation>My Profile>Forum Posts.

I also can't find any documentation on how to view who has manually marked forum posts as read.

Any assisstance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Andy

Average of ratings: Useful (1)