How can i hide teachers name on homepage

How can i hide teachers name on homepage

by H Saris -
Number of replies: 5

In the course/index.php page (where all courses are showing) there is a info (i) icon at right. If i click that then in Teacher section (where name is showing after summarry of course) the hidden teachers name is also showing. Also real teachers name is showing. It can misguide the student because a student checking thi (i) icon to know who is teacher of that course.
Is there a way to hide  teachers name from that list? We work with Moodle 1.9.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to H Saris

Re: How can i hide teachers name on homepage

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can stop Moodle showing teachers'  names in Site administration>Appearance>Course managers

In reply to Mary Cooch

by H Saris -

Thank you, that workerd.... but...

Students can get still access when they click on the the front page on one of the courses. You get a new window, where the teachersname (in this case Jajo ten berge still is visible ans accessible (see picture). where can I turn this off? If you can help me with that.....!!!!

Thank you in advance!

Attachment reactie_1.gif
In reply to H Saris

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

That's a separate issue - the bit at the bottom where the teacher's name is visible is for them to get the enrolment key for the course. If the course has an enrolment key then there needs to be somebody's name there, I'm afraid. You could change the role from teacher to admin for example in Site administration>Courses>enrolments>Internal enrolment>enrol manual keyholder 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by H Saris -

Dear Mary,

Ah, that's the place where I can change it!!

I know what you mean. Thank you very much. You don't want to know how long I surfed and searched for this issue!!

Kind regards,

Hetty