I'm not looking for help but wondering about the level and type of participation statistics (reports) that are routinely available in moodle. I've used moodle to teach a couple of courses in a BA program and I'm spending way too much time tracking participation manually in spreadsheets.
So, here's what I'm looking for:
- my interaction tracking
- listings of learners showning when I last contacted/responded-to each of them (in a forum), a count of total interactions and links so that I can browse back to specific incidents.
- The point here is that instructor presence is a key issue for learners, so I want my interactions to be equitable across all learners instead of being constantly dragged into conversations with the vocal few
- tracking of learner interactions
- I can already see listings of their posts
- I want to see interactions sorted by threads - I want to see lengths and I want to see maturity levels analyzed - I want to see talleys of who they interact with (among themselves) so I can track buddies and take stock of those who are being ignored
- I want analysis by course module, by forum, by thread, by time periods so I can see how learners are focussing and de-focussing
So, it comes down to:
- does anyone know if any of this kind of information is built-in or available through plug-ins?
- does anyone know about developers who might be capable of this kind of trickery?
- Am I dreaming in techni-color?
Thanks in advance for any who take on answering me. If any of this is unclear or there are those who think this sounds interesting and desirable (if similar stuff doesn't yet exist), I'd be more than glad to provide more specifics.
Tim (i am Tim the tool man Penner)