Approve and rate entries at the same time

Approve and rate entries at the same time

di Mark Stevens -
Numero di risposte: 6

Hi All,

Is it just me or is it impossible to rate entries and then approve them? In my "waiting for approval" screen, there is a drop down menu to rate the entry, but when selected it throws the error "Rating of items not allowed!"

I think it is good to have the rating there on the approval screen because it would save a lot of time.  Unfortunately it doesn't work for me on the approval screen which means I have to approve, then go find the entry to rate it.

Anyone else have this problem and would like this feature to work? Otherwise, why have the rating drop-down menu there if we can rate it there?

Media dei voti:  -
In riposta a Mark Stevens

Re: Approve and rate entries at the same time

di Joseph Rézeau -
Immagine Core developers Immagine Particularly helpful Moodlers Immagine Plugin developers Immagine Testers Immagine Translators

Hi Mark,

I quite understand your point of view. I expect the logic behind this is that it does not make sense to rate an entry before it has been approved.

And therefore that drop-down rating menu should not be displayed on the "Waiting approval" page.

Thanks for pointing to this discrepancy.

See my bug report (for which you may vote): MDL-35995.

Joseph

In riposta a Joseph Rézeau

di Mark Stevens -

Regarding the rating issue, it really would save the teacher a lot of time if we could rate and approve on the same screen.  As it is now, we have to approve the entry and then find it, which means lots of clicks.  (I sort by last update, but that still requires several clicks to get the latest entry first.)

In riposta a Mark Stevens

di Joseph Rézeau -
Immagine Core developers Immagine Particularly helpful Moodlers Immagine Plugin developers Immagine Testers Immagine Translators

@Mark,

Sorry I had not quite understood your point of view. Actually, rather than removing the Rate feature from the Waiting approval page (as I suggested in the tracker) you still want that feature to be displayed and working.

I have posted a new patch for this in MDL-35995. It's very easy to apply.

Joseph