HELP- PHP LDAP module does not seem to be present - Error after restart.

HELP- PHP LDAP module does not seem to be present - Error after restart.

by William Stites -
Number of replies: 4

After a restart of our server we are not able to login via the LDAP plugin.  We get the following message:

The PHP LDAP module does not seem to be present. Please ensure it is installed and enabled if you want to use this authentication plugin.

We made no changes to any cofiguration settings prior to the restart of the server.

We are using Moodle version 2.1.2+ (Build: 20111019)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Stites

Re: HELP- PHP LDAP module does not seem to be present - Error after restart.

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

check that the LDAP module is actually installed. If your server is a Linux machine, it might have removed by the package manager, but still available in the web server process memory until you restarted your server (yes, I've seen this in the past smile)

Also check your php.ini settings and make sure the LDAP module is enabled there (or is present in the conf.d subdirectory if you are using something like Debian or Ubuntu servers).

Saludos.
Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Manuel Costales -

Hello Iñaki, 

I have the same problem, but my system is hosted in hostgator.

I have VPS account (WHM), but I don't know how I can install the module PHP ldap.

I talked with the people of customer service, and they told me that they already has installed the module, but moodle keeps showing the same message!

Please, help me.

Thanks, and Happy New Year

In reply to Manuel Costales

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I haven't used WHM or any other control panel, so I'm not sure where to look at. The first thing you should check is where your php.ini file is. You can go to http://your.moodle.site/admin/phpinfo.php and look for the string "Loaded Configuration File".

Then edit that file and make sure the PHP ldap module is enabled there (check the PHP documentation to see how to enable it).

Depending on the web service setup in your VPS account, you might need to restart the web service.

You can check whether the module is enabled by reloading the URL above, and looking for the string "LDAP".

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Manuel Costales

by Dan Allen -

Hi Manuel, I am with hostgator, on VPS, having the same problem.  Did you ever get it solved?