HotPot mini-Moot 2013 in San Francisco

HotPot mini-Moot 2013 in San Francisco

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

HotPot mini-Moot San Francisco 2013 poster (thumbnail)Dear Moodle HotPot fans,
I hope you are well and enjoying using the HotPot / QuizPort / TaskChain family of Moodle activity modules.

You may be interested to know that a HotPot mini-Moot will be held in San Francisco in March 17th (Sun) 2013. It will be a one day event comprising workshops, short presentations and an extended "show-and-tell" session for participants to demonstrate elearning courses and activities that they have created.

This mini-Moot follows on from the successful HotPot mini-Moots held in 2011 (Paris, France) and 2012 (Gothenburg, Sweden). It will be an opportunity to meet other users of the software, and share ideas on how to use it and how it should be developed it in the future. 

Courtesy of some generous sponsorship from Akashi National College of Technology (ANCT), Japan, we have secured funding for the hire of the Bentley Reserve conference center in downtown San Francisco as the venue for the conference. This means that the conference will be free to attend - although you will need to pay for your own food, accommodation and transporation.

The co-chairs of the event will be myself and John Herbert from ANCT. We are keen to spread the word about the event and would be grateful if you pass on information about it to your friends, collegues, Facebook buddies and Twitter followers. Please feel free to download the conference poster (thanks to Wes Cunningham!) and display it prominently and/or pass it on to others who may be interested in attending, supporting or finding out about the event.

More information about the event is available from the moodle.quizport.com website.

We are especialy keen to contact people with local knownledge of San Francisco who could help with logistical matters, such as where to go for the pre-conference dinner smile

best regards
Gordon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: HotPot mini-Moot 2013 in San Francisco

by Stan Bogdanov -

Hi Gordon,

Unfortunately, San Francisco (SF) is too far away and there's no chance of me coming.

I'll blog about it and I'll send the poster round my 'private social network'.

Have you considered video recording the sessions so we can see them later?

Good luck.

Cheers

Stan

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Stan Bogdanov

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Stan,
thanks for helping to publicize the miniMoot in San Francisco. approve

Regarding the video, it is certainly a possiblity, if there are suitable sessions. I am intending to do a workshop to for newcomers to Moodle and/or Hot Potatoes. That probably won't be very interesting to watch on video. Later I would like participants to share elearning courses and activities that have created, either in a formal presentation style, or in an informal show-and-tell ePoster session.

I hope to bring along a friend to be in charge of the video camera for the day, so hopefully we will come up with a useful record of the event.

Hopefully we can do a Moot in Sophia or elsewhere in Europe that is easier for you to get to!

best regards
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -

Dear HotPot Moodlers,
I would like to remind you all that the HotPot miniMoot in San Francisco will be taking place this Sunday:

• Place: The Bently Reserve, 301 Battery Street, San Francisco
  • Date: Sunday March 17th
  • Time: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
  • Participation Fee: FREE ! 

It should be fun, practical and informative. Please encourage any teachers you know in the area to come along cool

After leaving San Francisco, I will be going to Dallas, Texas for the TESOL 2013 conference. I would like to meet up with people there. Please leave a note on this forum or send me a personal email (gordon at-sign kanazawa hyphen gu dot ac dot jp) if you are interested in meeting up in Dallas.

best regards
Gordon