Security and privacy

Picture of Steve Massicotte
Use the no login feature for the admin user

The only time we have use the admin user was when we have installed Moodle. After that everybody got is own account and if you need admin privileges we upgrade the user to site admin.

We were thinking to disable the admin account but we realise that email from that account will be block. Then I found this thing :

http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/No_login

I think that exactly what we want. To keep the admin account active (because we don't want the main admin to be a specific person but generic account) but to have nobody be able to log as this account.

Do you see any problem putting the "no login" authentication for the admin account ?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Petr Škoda
Re: Use the no login feature for the admin user
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hmm, why not just change password and email of the admin account? If nobody knows the passwords and if they can not reset it that is exactly what want, right?

I would not recommend any tweaking of admin account, that might backfire easily in the future.

Picture of Steve Massicotte
Re: Use the no login feature for the admin user

One a system if you don't use a service it's better to close it. As it's the case with the admin user account I search to see if I can do it without any problem. I also think it's to risky to do but I ask it on the forum in case someone found a way to do it.

And nobody know the password of the admin account ;)