Changing the logo and favicon in aardvark

Changing the logo and favicon in aardvark

by Darlene Murphy -
Number of replies: 5

I am using Moodle 2.3 (v. 20120926) with Aardvark as my template.  Love it and the social networking.  I am trying to change the logo and the favicon.  I have made the changes to both and replaced them, the log  is now gone but my new one does not show and I made it in transparency size 113px by 43px, my color is yellow.

Do I need to make some other change so it can be seen.  The favicon did not change at all after refreshing the browser and after replacing it.

LadyDee

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darlene Murphy

Re: Changing the logo and favicon in aardvark

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you Purged all cache?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Darlene Murphy -

Yes, I have and tried it on two differnt browsers IE and Firefox.

LadyDee

Attachment logo.png

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Ok then it must be something to with the way you are trying to change these. The favicon is just a matter of changing the favicon.ico in aardvark/pix folder and overwriting it with one of your own.
The logo you should be able to add via the Aardvark custom settings page.
If you are doing this differently, then can you explain the process of what you are doing?
In reply to Mary Evans

by Darlene Murphy -

I am doing that.  I created a new favicon and logo.  On the Aardvark settings page is where I am changing the logo to point to: aardvark/pix/logo.png.  I had done this before with Aardvark_post_it and it worked.

LadyDee

by Mary Evans -

are you adding the full URL including the http://your site etc/moodle/theme/aardvark/pix/logo.png ?