Plugin "block_site_main_menu" is defective or outdated!

Plugin "block_site_main_menu" is defective or outdated!

by Iurie Malai -
Number of replies: 4

On Moodle install (both Moodle 2.3.2+ and Moodle 2.3.2) I have this error warning:

Plugin "block_site_main_menu" is defective or outdated, can not continue, sorry.

Mai multe informaţii despre această eroare

It is usually not possible to recover from errors triggered during installation, you may need to create a new database or use a different database prefix if you want to retry the installation.

How this problem can be solved?

My OS is Debian Squeeze.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iurie Malai

Re: Plugin "block_site_main_menu" is defective or outdated!

by Iurie Malai -

Sorry for the red background, it was copied from my Moodle installation page together with the error message and now I do not know how to change it.

In reply to Iurie Malai

by E. L. Cooper -

I have looked at this post a dozen times and wondered what "block_site_main_menu" is thinking it is a 3rd party plugin then a light bulb came on. I am 90% sure this refers to the standard 1.9 sideblock called main menu so I poked around on a site that has one to figuire out how to delete it for upgrade.

Role back to you 1.9 installation. Delete the front page main menu block then go to Administration Modules Blocks  Manage blocks and delete it there.

Start your upgrade again.

In reply to E. L. Cooper

by Iurie Malai -

OK, thank you!

I will try this solution in the next week when I go to work.

In reply to Iurie Malai

by Iurie Malai -

This error is present also in the 26 version. I am trying a new installation, not an upgrade, but without success sad(.