Drag and drop problem Chrome (2.3.1)

Drag and drop problem Chrome (2.3.1)

by Peter Liljedahl -
Number of replies: 9

On two computers we have the drag and drop doesn´t work with Google Chrome, it works with Firefox. It was working a week ago on at least one of those computers. On the rest of our computers drag and drop works in Google Chrome. Have anyone an idea what could be wrong, some settings in browser?  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Peter Liljedahl

Re: Drag and drop problem Chrome (2.3.1)

by Maxime Taisne -

I have been facing the same problem for two weeks now.

I thought it was a incompatibility with an extension of Chrome but:

- trying with a totally fresh and extension-free install of Chrome on the same computer gives the same problem.

- trying with the same Chrome settings (with all its extensions) on another computer (through Google sync) doesn't give the error.

Apparently the problem comes from the couple PC-Chrome. By the way, I'm on Windows 7. Haven't tried on Linux or Mac.

For now I just use Firefox.

In reply to Maxime Taisne

Svar: Re: Drag and drop problem Chrome (2.3.1)

by Peter Liljedahl -

I came to the same conclusion after several testing. On at least one of the two computers with the problem we also found that Slideshare doesn´t work properly. So it must be someting with the computer - the problem is still there after reinstallation of Chrome. Perhaps it would work if we run a new image on the computer, but the user rather use Firefox.

by Moisés Martínez Moreno -

I work with linux, Ubuntu distro. In my own experience, I usually use Firefox to work with Moodle. When I use Chrome I get some bugs. I got them both updated, and Chrome does not work well at all.

I recommend you to use Firefox always to work with a Moodle platform.

Regards,

Moisés.

by Vincent Laberge -

My colleague has a problem on chrome with Moodle 2.3 only if he uses touch-screen configured machines.

Are your computers using SMART technologies?

In reply to Vincent Laberge

Ang: Re: Drag and drop problem Chrome (2.3.1)

by Kasper Lauest -

@Vincent. That makes sense. I have the problem on my laptop, which is configured for SMART boards, but not on my desktop at home, which isn't.

I wonder if there is any easy solution to this (outside of using Firefox - most of our teachers use either Explorer or Chrome).

In reply to Vincent Laberge

by Maxime Taisne -

I only have this problem on my tablet PC. Thanks for the hint, I'll try to find a solution.

Cheers!

by Aaron Spike -

Looks this is an assumption of YUI.

http://new.yuilibrary.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=37157

Does anyone know if there is a Moodle Tracker item for this problem?

In reply to Aaron Spike

by Tzvi Daum -

You might be having the same problem I reported on another thread on Sunday. See https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=219604

The tracker for the problem I reported is:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-37528

You can vote for it if you think it is the same issue.

At this point the thinking seems to be that the problem is caused by a conflict with Smart Notebook drivers. Does this sound plausible for you?

Tzvi

In reply to Tzvi Daum

by Aaron Spike -

Yes, thank you. This is the issue.

Smart notebook software is a portion of our problem because it makes the computer a touch capable device. But we are also using hp tablets with a touch screen on campus.

The problem is that YUI uses touch events and ignores mouse events whenever it sees that touch events are enabled. For an example of this you can look at lines 18 - 26 of the following Moodle source file.

https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/MOODLE_23_STABLE/lib/yui/3.5.1/build/event-move/event-move.js