web service with XML-RPC protocol

web service with XML-RPC protocol

by Andranik Sharabchian -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everybody. I'm a newbie in using Moodle. Please, help me.

I've enabled external web services, created new external service with its functions, enabled XML-RPC protocol, created special user having needed permissions, added him for that service and created token for him as it's written in the documentation:

http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Enable_mobile_web_services

http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Web_services_FAQ

1) For the first I have an error in Manage tokens for my added user:

Missing capabilities: moodle:category/manage

I didn't find this capability in user's role capabilities. Ifound only the capability moodle/category:manage and it was allowed for my user.

Version of Moodle is 2.3. Help me please.

2) Except this now I want to test my service functions in moodle using token in Site administration->Development->Web service test client. For example I choose the function  moodle_user_create_users. I fill in the token username (of user who must be added) password (of user who must be added) etc. In the field customfieldtype I write idnumber and in the field customfieldvalue - some integer number. Then I press Execute button. After this I have this errors. How can I correct them and where must I write the function?

P. S. Sorry, if my English isn't good.

Attachment Untitled.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andranik Sharabchian

Re: web service with XML-RPC protocol

by Andranik Sharabchian -

Test is already working. But I still have an error about capability

1) For the first I have an error in Manage tokens for my added user:

Missing capabilities: moodle:category/manage

I didn't find this capability in user's role capabilities. Ifound only the capability moodle/category:manage and it was allowed for my user.

Version of Moodle is 2.3. Help me please.

2) Except this, I can't find where the function moodle_user_create_users() is written ( for example ) . Can anyone help me? PLEASE!!! wide eyes