moodle resource and activity icons

moodle resource and activity icons

by Mark de Boer -
Number of replies: 4

Hello everyone,

I've searched but have been able to find moodle icons that can be used in presentations or in explanations. For example, if I want to discuss a forum, I'd like a forum icon that when I bring it up to a bigger size doesn't look terrible. Has anyone made icons that can be used for such a case? I'm really interested in really good high resolution icons for the basic resources or activities. I've played around with some to see if I can make them look better when I make them bigger, but they just end up looking really pixilated.

Cheers,

Mark 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark de Boer

Re: moodle resource and activity icons

by Kieran Sullivan -

Hi Mark,

Just wondering if you ever got hi-res icons for activities/resources?

I'd be interested in same for the same reasons you outlined.

Kieran.

In reply to Kieran Sullivan

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

As of Moodle 2.4, most icons (including all the activity icons) are now SVG files by default.

SVG files, being vector images, should scale nicely to any size you want to display them at (alghough, they only have a limited amount of detail in them, as they are designed, primarially, to be displayed at a resolution of 24x24 pixels).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Davo Smith

by Yvonne Hamilton -

Hi,

I love the new Moodle 2.4 icons.

I was wondering did these come from a wider publicly available set we could find other similar (but different) icons to replace none core plugin icons that now do not match? I am talking about the activity icons rather than the editing icons but any help or links would be appreciated.

Also in the bootstrap/clean themes created for Moodle 2.5 does those theme(s) use the same default Moodle 2.4 icons or are they different in bootstrap/clean?

Regards,

Yvonne