glossary, order of showing items

glossary, order of showing items

de Joseph (Len) Kamiensky -
Número de respuestas: 1

Several years ago i asked about displaying items alphabetically when they show up in the Glossary Block (NOT when looking at the items in the glossary itself). The only options for how to display items was (random / last modified entry / next item)  which meant that if items needed to be presented in a specific order that had to be the order they were first uploaded into the glossary.  This is necessary if you plan on putting 2 glossaries in sync (puzzle today and yesterday's solution).

At the time (2009) I was told that Moodle 2.0 would allow for that type of presentation (alphabetical).  QUESTION: Does Moodle 2.x do that?  My school's version doesn't but that could be (most probably is) because the admin hasn't checked something or downloaded something that is in Moodle 2.x.

Thanks . . . Len Kamiensky

Promedio de valoraciones: -
En respuesta a Joseph (Len) Kamiensky

Re: glossary, order of showing items

de Joseph Rézeau -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers Imagen de Translators

@Joseph,

When you say "the Glossary Block", I suppose you mean the "Random Glossary Entry block". The "Next Entry" order option has been carried on from Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 2 without any change or improvement.

It would be extremely easy to add an "alphabetical order" display option to that block. I have created bug report MDL-35842 with the necessary patches, for which you may vote.

Joseph