Georgia Tech: "Fundamentals of Online Education: Planning and Application", on Coursera

Georgia Tech: "Fundamentals of Online Education: Planning and Application", on Coursera

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
"Fundamentals of Online Education: Planning and Application"
Fatimah Wirth

This is an introductory course on the fundamentals of online education. You will learn how to convert your face-to-face class into a robust online course based on theory and practice.

Next session: Jan 28th 2013 (5 weeks long)
Workload: 5-7 hours/week

https://class.coursera.org/course/foe
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: Georgia Tech: "Fundamentals of Online Education: Planning and Application", on Coursera

by Tiron Andric -

I have applied last week. Looking forward to see what the course will bring.

Re: Georgia Tech: "Fundamentals of Online Education: Planning and Application", on Coursera

by Tony Pattinson -

Link seems to be broken

In reply to Tony Pattinson

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Marcus Green

by Tony Pattinson -

Thanks Marcus: Just signed up

In reply to Tony Pattinson

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Can you post feedback on the course here when you have decided if it is any good. I tend to find writing on online education to either be so basic as to need printing on drool proof paper or so theoretical I need a dictionary for every second sentence.  

by Katherine Robeson -

Thanks very much.  I am enrolling in a variety of MOOCs in hope of clarifying in my own mind what works and what does not.  

by Tiron Andric -

Not strictly related to e-learning but another interesting online course might be "Learning Design for a 21st Century Curriculum" by The Open University.

http://www.olds.ac.uk/

Average of ratings: Useful (1)