Importing questions

Importing questions

by Francois Malouin -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I used for many years Ganesha, now I wish to switch to Moodle.  I did my questions with hotpotatoes and transformed it to PHP format.

I want to import those questions in Moodle.  It look like it is simple to import my questions from Hotpotatoes. Is it?    

I think I don't have all my hotpotatoes files anymore.  Can I take the PHP files from Ganesha with the pictures and import them in Moodle.

Thanks

François

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francois Malouin

Re: Importing questions

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Francois,
it is relatively easy to import questions from Hot Potatoes files to the question bank on a Moodle course. However, you will need to use the native Hot Potatoes files, not ones that have been "transformed ... to PHP format".

I doubt you can "take the PHP files from Ganesha with the pictures and import them in Moodle". If you would like more explanation, please attach one of the Ganesha Hot Potatoes files to you next post to this form.

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Francois Malouin -

Hi Gordon,

thanks for the answer.  I think I have everything I need from my old hotpotatoes files.

Now...  I tried so many ways to import them...  I followed the procedure from : https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=1455 . I add an activity, choose Hotpotatoes, create a folder and put my zip file with all my files in it, unzipped all of them...  In my activity, I see all my files but I don't have any idea what to do next...

Is there a tutorial that show how to import Hotpotatoes and how to make them available to students?

Thanks

François

In reply to Francois Malouin

by Francois Malouin -

Hi Gordon,

just to let you know, everything is find now.  I had files from old version of Hotpot.

Finally, it's true, the importation is simple!!!!

Thanks!!!

François