Quizzes fail to load

Quizzes fail to load

by Alex Smith -
Number of replies: 3

I have 2 quizzes inside the same topic on one of my courses, which, until recently, worked fine.

However, now when I click them; the quiz fails to load. Not only that, but after clicking the quiz nothing else functions within my Moodle installation. I can click any of the previously working links, try opening a new browser, pasting the quiz link directly into the browser etc and nothing works. The only solution is to restart apache to get anything running again.

All the other quizzes in the course seem to work fine still (just highlighting this in case it could be an issue with that topic).

I noticed the other admin on my Moodle installation had made several changes to this course. She states that she did not directly change anything with those quizzes, yet I wonder if somehow through and indirect action they have lost the link, become corrupt etc??
However they are all guesses as I cannot even start to understand what is causing the problem!

Any guidance and/or help would be majorly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Alex

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Smith

Re: Quizzes fail to load

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you turn on Debugging do you get any error messages?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alex Smith -

Tim.

Thank you for your prompt response. Sorry my return was so slow.

I have never used debugging before. I set debugging to normal and saved the changes. After turning debugging on how do i get the error messages to display?

I went to the quiz and clicked it again but all it did was hung and I had to go into my server admin again and restart apache.

Cheers.

In reply to Alex Smith

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to sit down with your server admin and find out what is actually happening to the server.