Hotpot pictures in 2.2.3

Hotpot pictures in 2.2.3

by Erin Reynoso -
Number of replies: 2

I am largely self-taught in Moodle and Hot Potatoes and when our district upgraded to 2.2.3 I thought I'd catch on the same way...

However... I have made some JCloze that has a picture. I know how to put a picture in HotPotatoes, I did it all the time in version 1.9. I do not know how to figure out the URL of the image saved in my Moodle course files, in order to put the URL in the HotPot. I uploaded them at the same time, tried putting them in the same folder, made sure I made the actual HotPot the main file... All the questions I've seen in the forum up until this point seem to be about older versions, or way too technical for me to understand.

Also when I checked it myself, the picture shows up where it's supposed to be, but when my students try the JCloze, the Alt Text is the only thing that shows for the picture. This makes me think that it's something to do with a file only I have access to, but not my students.

HotPot 6.3 Release 0 Build 4

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Erin Reynoso

Re: Hotpot pictures in 2.2.3

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Erin,
make sure the picture is in the same folder as the JCloze file. In the JCloze quiz, make sure that the picture is specified using only the name of the picture file, e.g. mypicture.jpg. If the picture is specified using a long name that includes folders, such as "C://My Documents/images/mypicture.jpg" then it will not work when you upload it to Moodle.

Once you have check that the picture is specified in JCloze using just the picture file name, then generated the JCloze web file, the html file, and view it in your browser. Check that you can see the picture.

Now login to Moodle and go to your course and add a new HotPot activity. Click on the "Add" button for the "Source file" and upload the JCloze "jcl" file (not the html file), and the picture file too.

Now save changes and confirm that you can see the the HotPot quiz and it displays the image correctly.

best regards
Gordon

In reply to Erin Reynoso

Re: Hotpot pictures in 2.2.3

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Erin,
make sure the picture is in the same folder as the JCloze file. In the JCloze quiz, make sure that the picture is specified using only the name of the picture file, e.g. mypicture.jpg. If the picture is specified using a long name that includes folders, such as "C://My Documents/images/mypicture.jpg" then it will not work when you upload it to Moodle.

Once you have check that the picture is specified in JCloze using just the picture file name, then generated the JCloze web file, the html file, and view it in your browser. Check that you can see the picture.

Now login to Moodle and go to your course and add a new HotPot activity. Click on the "Add" button for the "Source file" and upload the JCloze "jcl" file (not the html file), and the picture file too.

Now save changes and confirm that you can see the the HotPot quiz and it displays the image correctly.

best regards
Gordon