course size report moodle 2.3.2

course size report moodle 2.3.2

ved dan attwood -
Antal besvarelser: 6

hi does anyone have a link or instructions for a course size report that works with moodle 2.3.2?

I've tries the one in the Moodle plugins directory but that only seems to support moodle 1.9

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til dan attwood

Re: course size report moodle 2.3.2

ved Howard Miller -
Billede af Core developers Billede af Documentation writers Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Peer reviewers Billede af Plugin developers

Me to....

It's on my TODO list to write one. However, it's not that simple any more as the file space is now 'shared'. So, a course size report does not necessarily tell you how much space you'd get back if you (say) deleted the course.

Would a report showing you the largest files site-wide not be more useful?

I svar til Howard Miller

ved Dan Marsden -
Billede af Core developers Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Peer reviewers Billede af Plugin developers Billede af Plugins guardians Billede af Testers Billede af Translators

we have one but we haven't released it publicly as it needs a bit of a tidy to be used by everyone.

https://github.com/peterbulmer/moodle-report_coursesize

It will need a little bit of work to be completely usable for you - we run some internal processes that calculate the full filesize of a moodle site and then store that in the config table for each site - the code looks there to get the full filesize first and if it can't find it uses 'du' to calculate the filesize each pageload (which is really inefficient) - it wouldn't take much to modify the script to store that calculated filesize in the same config vars we use so that it doesn't run each page load. There may also be other more efficient ways of calculating the full filesize for moodledata but we haven't spent any time on that as we don't use that code on our sites.

It hasn't been extensively tested but it should provide a close estimate of the filesizes involved in a course - but it's important to note that if the same file is used in more than one course it will be counted in the filesize report for each course so deleting from one course won't necessarily free up that same space on disk.

If anyone does do the work to improve it - please send through a pull request for the code so we can update it!

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse:Useful (2)
I svar til Dan Marsden

ved Derek Chirnside -

I know I am duplicating a little posting here, but is there any other version of the report https://github.com/peterbulmer/moodle-report_coursesize or any updates?

I think NZ Moodle in schools had a report at some stage.

Howard has posted here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=264090#p1144636

I'm finding this issue quite complex.

Wanted: simple reporting on disk useage, backups file sizes, private files, courses sizes and 'big' file sizes  Nothing complex, but I know this is not trivial.

-Derek

I svar til Howard Miller

ved dan attwood -

To honest I think both types of reports could be useful.

A here are the biggest files type report would be useful to finding large backups etc

A here are the biggest courses would be great to ping at tutors and give them to delete old stuff, assignments etc