Powerpoint display in Moodle ?

Powerpoint display in Moodle ?

ni Joshua Nelson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everyone, and sorry if I am posting this in the incorrect forum ^^

I've looked around heaps, and have been unsuccessful in finding a way to display a 2007/2010 powerpoint presentation INSIDE moodle (without the students having to download the file).

I have found the tutorials on how to do this will Office 2003, but these do not work for later versions. Any help is muchly appreciated, even just pointing me in the right direction ngiti

Thanks in advance!

-Josh

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joshua Nelson

Re: Powerpoint display in Moodle ?

ni Mary Cooch -
Larawan ng Documentation writers Larawan ng Moodle HQ Larawan ng Particularly helpful Moodlers Larawan ng Testers Larawan ng Translators

Hi there. This is an oft -requested thing - basically you would have to convert it to something different -there is a solution in section 2 here for the Lesson module you were looking at http://docs.moodle.org/en/Import_PowerPoint or else you can upload to a site such as Slideshare and embed it in your page - or use the free iSpring to convert to flash (although not all devices show flash) You can also buy an iSpring version that converts ppt to HTML5 as well. 

In reply to Joshua Nelson

Re: Powerpoint display in Moodle ?

ni Joseph Rézeau -
Larawan ng Core developers Larawan ng Particularly helpful Moodlers Larawan ng Plugin developers Larawan ng Testers Larawan ng Translators

Please see MDL-21801 "Non-functioning Powerpoint import option from the Lesson module."

I can only repeat what I've been saying over the years:

"Please remove Import Powerpoint option from the Lesson module because it does not work properly, because PowerPoint is a proprietary format and this non-working feature causes a number of false expectations and frustrations in moodle users."

Joseph