Choice participation in gradebook?

Choice participation in gradebook?

by Aaron Batty -
Number of replies: 6

Is there any way to get Moodle (2.x) to give a participation point for taking part in a Choice? I'd like to use it for in-class comprehension checks, because it's fast, people can change their answers, and it doesn't score the answers. I just want to give credit for answering; we'll go over the right answer in class...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Aaron Batty

Re: Choice participation in gradebook?

by Leo Gregorc -

Aaron,

I concur.  It would be great if both Choice and feedback could be seen in the gradebook.  Hopefully somebody may respond.......

In reply to Leo Gregorc

by Leo Gregorc -

Sorry for the multiple response above......

While it is not the same as having the choice or feedback activities going directly into the gradebook, i may have a long walk around, particularly if you want to just have a record of the activity completed in a collective place along with other graded activities.

Here is the string:

Settings>>grade administration>>categories and items>>full view

From here you can manually add a grade item, and by creating a scale/grade or text, you can manually input the results of the choice.  

Like i said, it is a long walk about, but a solution i have just come up with to solve this problem 

hope it helps

In reply to Leo Gregorc

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

not sure if assigning a grade for choice quite works - but activity completion might provide some of what you're looking for?

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Leticia Dark-rose -

Hi Dan,

I am trying to use activity completions. Is there any way of adding a restriction to the choice for the next activity ?

I am trying to set up a Student agreement (online contract compulsory to sign), so i was hoping that i could use the selection "I agree" to unlock the next activity. 

Any information would be fantastic!!

In reply to Leticia Dark-rose

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You could make the choice with just one choice - "I agree" and then once they have made that selection the rest of the course is opened up to them. It is currently not possible to restrict activities based on a particular choice selection but if you offer them only one, it should work. So if they don't agree, they don't click " I agree" and they don't get to do the rest of the course.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Robert Brenstein -
Is this agreement applicable to a specific Moodle course only or to using the entire Moodle on your site? If it is the latter, you could use the site policy functionality, which does exactly what you want except that applies to using the entire Moodle (it pops up during login and does not let users continue if they do not agree).