missing attendance module download?

missing attendance module download?

by Steven Bradford -
Number of replies: 2

I'm trying to download the attendance modlule direct from it's page, specifically MDL_20 mod but I get a not found error message. Anyone know where it went, or if it's available anywhere else?

Also, why is this an optional module? Seems like taking attendance would be a core activity in an online course system. Or is there another way to take attendance that I'm missing?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Bradford

Re: missing attendance module download?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi again. I am able to download these from this page http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Attendance_module if that helps.

I know what you mean about attendance being a core activity in an online course system but then I guess not everyone uses it in the same way and checking attendance like this would not necessarily be needed by all types of users - some courses might be self-directed learning with everyone logging on at different times; some like in a school might have a face-to-face register done and the course just used for homeworks for example.