Next Button Missing on Quiz for Moodle 2.2.4

Next Button Missing on Quiz for Moodle 2.2.4

by Edward Ocampo -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

Several of our students are experiencing a missing Next button when taking a quiz. The anomally seems to occur on laptops and ipads only. It seems to only happen if the question is a really long one. Is there a way to maybe move the Next button so it is instead on the Left or Right side of the question? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edward Ocampo

Re: Next Button Missing on Quiz for Moodle 2.2.4

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

"It seems to only happen if the question is a really long one."

What question type is it? Which part of the question is "long": the question text or what? Please provide a screenshot showing the problem. Can't you shorten the question? Is it one question per page only? Which theme are you using?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Edward Ocampo -

I have attached a screenshot from the laptop (I could not get the entire screen so I scrolled down to the area where the next button is supposed to be but, it is not). Here are the answers to the rest of your questions:

Questiontype: Short Answer

Question Text seems to be the long thing that may be causing the error.

The question is a nursing one that needs all of the text in order to answer so we cannot shorten it.

One question per page is our setting.

We are using the Fusion Theme.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Attachment Moodle_Screenshot.png

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks for your reply. If you scroll down to the very bottom of that page, can you see the "Your are logged in as ..." and the Course name as on attached screenshot?

Attachment 21-09-2012 18-00-26.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Edward Ocampo -

No. I do not see the "You are logged in as John Doe" and Course button.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

My guess would be that this question was made by copying and pasting from MS Word, and if you look at the HTML of the question, it is full of junk. If you clean up the HTML, it will work on all browsers.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Edward Ocampo -

Tim:

I removed the highlighted and it worked!. Thanks Tim. I'll notify our administrators to stop copying and pasting from MS Word.

<p>(22) At the end of the shift, the nurse is recording the intake for a client receiving a continuous gastrostomy tube (GT) feeding.<br />Information contained in the client's medical record: <br /><span style="font-weight: bold;">MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION RECORD: </span><br />* Osmolite 1 Cal 1/2 strength formula @ 75 ml/hour per GT<br />- 0700H started<br />- 1800H off<br /><br />* Acetaminophen liquid 20 ml every 4 hours per GT<br />- 1000H given<br />- 1400H given<br />- 1800H given <br /><br />* Flush GT with 10 ml water before and after each medication dose<br />- 1000H done<br />- 1400H done<br />- 1800H done <br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold;">PRESCRIPTIONS:</span><br /><br />* Osmolite 1 Cal 1/2 strength formula at 75 ml/hour per gastrostomy tube (GT) from 7:00am to 7:00pm.<br />* Withhold continuous GT feeding if residual is over 200 ml.<br />* Acetaminophen liquid, adult strength, 20 ml every 4 hours per GT. <br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold;">FLOW SHEETS: </span><br />Intake and Output<br />* GT Gastric Residual<br />- 0700H 0 residual<br />- 1000H 65 ml; 65 ml returned<br />- 1400H 90 ml; 90 ml returned <br />- 1800H 250 ml; 250 ml returned<br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold; color: #0000ff;">QUESTION: How much is total enteral feeding? _____ ml</span> (Enter numeric value only.)</p>
<p><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>

Normal

false
 false
 false

EN-US
 X-NONE
 X-NONE

&</body></html>--></p>