Course Restore

Course Restore

door bob tagarth -
Aantal antwoorden: 3

Hi, Im building a specific system for a third world teaching initiative. The problem is we have some old courses in a specific format and I would like to be able to restore them into moodle (as there are over 100 of the courses from a previous system). 

Could someone point me towards the following

1. are their any developers docs releating to the course restore process
  2. Which php file within moodle 2 manages the course restore? 

I think im going to create another version of the existing system to handle my archive courses but could really do with being pointed in the direction of where the process actually happens. 

Cheers

Bob

Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -
Als antwoord op bob tagarth

Re: Course Restore

door Mary Cooch -
Foto van Documentation writers Foto van Moodle HQ Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Testers Foto van Translators

Which "specific format" are these old courses in?

Als antwoord op Mary Cooch

door bob tagarth -

Hi, would the format effect the file responsible for restoring courses? im not sure if its relevent but the format is .stu ... and its the compressed format of an old hand built vle system the charity i work for used to use. it was made by our own developers about i8 years ago and is no longer suitable. if someone could point me in the direction of the php file that processes restoring a moodle course file i can make the adaptwtions i need. cheers

Als antwoord op bob tagarth

door Helen Foster -
Foto van Core developers Foto van Documentation writers Foto van Moodle HQ Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Plugin developers Foto van Testers Foto van Translators

Hi Bob,

I just tried searching our developer docs for restore and came up with http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Restore_API. Not much detail unfortunately, however if you ask sensible questions in this forum, it may prompt people to write further dev docs.

One approach you could try is create a course in Moodle similar to your old courses, then create a course backup and examine it to see whether you could change your old courses into the same format. In addition to Moodle course backup and restore, you could also investigate IMS Common Cartridge import and export. This method works well for importing data elsewhere in Moodle, though I appreciate course import is a lot more complicated!