Create Content Page link missing from lesson edit 1.9

Create Content Page link missing from lesson edit 1.9

Jesse McDonald - ން
Number of replies: 3

we are using version 1.9 and when we select "Lesson" activity we get an edit page that contains links for adding a powerpoint, adding a question page, adding a branch table -- but no link for adding a content page. I have looked at all of the configuration settngs I can find but have not been able to turn this feature on.  Can someone point me where to look?thanks,

Jesse McDonald

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jesse McDonald

Re: Create Content Page link missing from lesson edit 1.9

Karen Arksey - ން

Moodle 1.9 doesn't have content pages, you just use a question page but dont put in any questions,  However if you migrate over to 2.3 and try to edit a page created in 1.9 it will force you to put in questions.  I had to totally re-create my lessons when we migrated over and put what needed to be just a content onto a content page in 2.3

In reply to Karen Arksey

Re: Create Content Page link missing from lesson edit 1.9

Joseph Rézeau - ން
ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ

@Karen, sorry to contradict, but you've got it partially wrong. As I said in my previous post (probably a bit tersely), in Moodle 1.9 we had pages called "Branch Tables", which have been re-named to "Content Pages" in Moodle 2. See this discussion.

So, in Moodle 1.9, if you want to create a page which is not a question but contains information content, you must create a Branch Table page.

In Moodle 2, you'll create a Content Page.

In Moodle 1.9 it was indeed possible to create a Question page (of the Multiple Choice type) without any answer. That page would sort of behave like a "Branch Table", i.e. it would provide a "Continue" button which, upon being clicked, would jump to the next page in the lesson. It was in fact quite illogical to have a "Question without answers", and using this feature instead of using the "Branch Table" feature led to the problem described by Karen when upgrading to Moodle 2.

So my advice to the original poster (and anyone still using moodle 1.9) is to use Branch Table pages, not a MCQ question page with no answers, in order to avoid problems when upgrading to Moodle 2.

Joseph