A big Thank You for 2.3

A big Thank You for 2.3

by koen roggemans -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Apart from a delay in moving to Moodle 2.0, we have always followed Moodle verry shortly after release since Moodle 1.08. Change usually causes a little discomfort, so I'm used to comments after an upgrade by teachers and students.

School is back in operation since 2 weeks, running on Moodle 2.3.2 at the moment. The response of the teachers up to now has been amazing: everyone loves the new activity chooser, the drag and drop functions, the improved file picker. Lots of positive response I wanted to share here as a moral support for the people who make it all work.

For students we got rid of the old Windows shared folder for document storrage and we only use the private files area in Moodle. It is getting used to downloading, changing, uploading instead of open and save, but the extra of having access to all your documents everywhere allways on any machine, is much appreciated by the students.

So thanks a lot Developers for this brilliant job.

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to koen roggemans

Re: A big Thank You for 2.3

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well if my luck holds out, then sometime around Christmas my school and  the others in our area should be moving from 1.9 to 2.3 - I hope I get the same responsesmile  

by Dan Poltawski -
Thanks Koen! As a Moodle developer its nice to see 'success stories' here every now and again! Sometimes it can be depressing seeing all the stupid oversights you've made in development which are causing problems for people from forum posts. But on the other hand you learn a little bit each day!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

No need to get depressed: you are usually only notified about the problems. The millions of people all over the world having a nice experience are less vocal smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Absolutely true, and in many other areas too. Our network manager keeps hundreds of  school computers working every day and nobody ever thinks about it...then one minor thing goes wrong for ten minutes one day and he gets floods of complaintssmile

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yeh - we've been having a very positive response to 2.3 from actual users.

The drag-and-drop is a big plus and, currently, pulls everybody away from their beloved IE which is amusing wink

In reply to Howard Miller

by Gideon Williams -

Staff INSET training yesterday on Moodle using Moodle 2.3

• Starters and Plenaries
  • Quiz Modules
  • Assignments

Some awesome features in Moodle 2.3 and staff seem revitalised (or perhaps it was just that half term was next week!)

In reply to Gideon Williams

by Mary Cooch -

"Staff INSET training on Moodle using Moodle 2.3" -in my dreams, Gideon; you're just making me jealoussad Feels like I  have trained everybody else's staff in every flavour of Moodle 2 except staff in  my own school (on 1.9.18 with no move in the foreseeable future....)

(Don't ask -local politics)