attempting to create tagalog language pack

attempting to create tagalog language pack

by Roel Cantada -
Number of replies: 7

Hello Moodlers of the world!

Its my first time to post here.  I am Roel Cantada from the Philippines and i am currently attempting to create a tagalog language pack.

You can see the development at my site http://tagalog.ws.

The current pack is unfinished but can be downloaded at http://tagalog.ws/mod/resource/view.php?id=14 & its only for Moodle 1.43 because its what i have in my site.

roel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roel Cantada

Re: attempting to create tagalog language pack

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Great job!

Would you like to share it with the world and maintain it on moodle.org?
In reply to koen roggemans

by Roel Cantada -
Would love to.  Although it scares me a bit since I actually finished translating 1.09 but i was too slow that i completed it when Moodle was already in version 1.43.  I wonder what would be the best cycle of translation for Moodle's relatively aggressive development.

Anyway, i'll work on it two weeks from now , after i finish my grades (Philippine classes start June and end March), brush up on my cvs, dig up my old sourceforge account ...

roel
In reply to Roel Cantada

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
There are lots of languages unfinished. But when there is a precense of a language in the CVS records, it attracts new Moodlers who start helping out or take over.

Moodle grows very fast. I personaly had the luck to make an early start and could follow the evolution. I look at the translation every week, so it's never too much

I'll take a (technical) look at your translation on a 1.5 and put it in CVS. It's beste to start translating by downloading this polished version and create a 1.5 test environment.
You'll be glad to hear there's an embeded help file editor in Moodle now.

There is also a translation guide (http://moodle.org/doc?frame=translation.html) these days

by Roel Cantada -
Hi Koen,

I have seen the langdoc.php, although the translation guide for 1.43 still makes no note of it.  I had also translated the guide in tl.

I'll work on the 1.5 later.  You lost me somewhere in your reply, but do I gather that your going to commit the moodle.php tl in CVS? (Sorry if i need to be explicit at times, since i'm new at this.)

roel
In reply to Roel Cantada

by koen roggemans -
Can you provide an emailadres for on the language page please?

I checked the files and just fixes a few XML-things in the php-files (no time for help files and less urgent) and changed the readme string, wich doesn't need to be translated.

by Roel Cantada -
Hi Koen,

My email address is rcantada2002@yahoo.com or roel@tagalog.ws.  For which language page will this be needed?  My site or moodle.org or in the translation php somewhere?

roel