Moving resources/topic boxes with drag and drop (Moodle 2.3)

Moving resources/topic boxes with drag and drop (Moodle 2.3)

by Lauren Nicandri -
Number of replies: 2

Forgive me if this is a repost.

We are experiencing a fair amount of issues when resources are moved (by the drag/drop icon) into topic boxes (or topic boxes themselves) not sticking or not saving and sometimes completely rejumbling themselves after being moved to a desired location.

I see that there is a tracker issue on this related to topic boxes, but am curious if someone can point me to a fix/interim solution.

This appears to happen regardless of browser type or version and seems to almost be consistent with certain users.

I recall there being a setting that you could change in 1.9 that would enable the manual placement of resources, but I do not seem to be able to locate it in 2.3.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lauren Nicandri

Re: Moving resources/topic boxes with drag and drop (Moodle 2.3)

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Lauren,

You could try disabling AJAX across the site in Settings > Site administration > Appearance > AJAX and Javascript.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moving resources/topic boxes with drag and drop (Moodle 2.3)

by Lisa Carothers -

My district just upgraded to 2.3 and we are experiencing the same thing. I tried disabling AJAX as described above, but then you can't move anything.

Are there other ideas on this?

Thanks!