Category enrolment for teacher role

Category enrolment for teacher role

by Nick Gault -
Number of replies: 6

I am currently migrating courses from our v1.9 server to a new 2.3 one and would like to use cohort sync to assign teachers to every course in a category.

This it only seems to work if I then manually add cohort sync in as an enrolment method on each course.

I have also tried enabling category enrolment for the teacher role in attempt to replicate the 1.9 way of doing things but it isn't working.

Any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nick Gault

Re: Category enrolment for teacher role

by Jhon taylor -

You will have to move course by course from 1.9 to 2.3 and also you will need to move every student.

if you are technicaly expert you can do it , if not I can help you with that , I already do it and worked for me.

In reply to Jhon taylor

by Nick Gault -

I have moved the courses and students will enroll themselves, but I am having problems assigning the teacher role at category level. Cohort sync works, but I then have to add the cohort sync enrolment method to each course which unnecessarily repetitive.

In reply to Nick Gault

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I have got category enrolment for teachers working -how have you set this up? And which part of it isn't working precisely? http://docs.moodle.org/en/Category_enrolments

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nick Gault -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the reply, I went through and re-did all of the settings from the category enrolment doc and it is working now.

I would much rather use cohorts to do this though. Am I right in thinking that I would need to add the cohort sync enrollment method in to every course individually to accomplish this?

In reply to Nick Gault

by Chris Baldwin -

I'm having the same problem - I've followed the steps here: http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Category_enrolments - enable category enrolment, go to the category in question, assign roles - I tried to add a manager & also enabled category enrolments for students - neither of them resulted in the user being enroled in the courses in the category. I checked the enrolments plugins page .../admin/settings.php?section=manageenrols & it gave 0/0 for category enrolments, even though the user seems to be enroled here: ...admin/roles/assign.php?contextid=3569

Any ideas?

I'd be happy to use cohort sycn if, as Nick says, there was a way of enrolling a cohort into all the courses in a category, rather than having to do it manually in the hundreds of courses that I have smile

Thanks

Chris