Block specific individual/s from posting in forums

Block specific individual/s from posting in forums

by Emma Yench -
Number of replies: 2

Does anyone know whether its currently (or in future, i'm in 2.0) possible to block an individual (in this case an offensive student) from posting into a forum? Ideally I would like that individual to be able to read postings, but not reply or create new postings. At present i can see no way to control individual access other than sticking than using the groups and groupings to block that one person's access to the forum altogether. This is not ideal, i'd prefer a more naunced (and less clunky) solution.

Cheers

Emma

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emma Yench

Re: Block specific individual/s from posting in forums

by Rob Johnson -

What if you use locally assigned roles in the forum, and assign the offensive student the guest role.  I have not tried this.  If it does not work, I am sure you can create a role with the correct permissions, and use locally assigned roles in the forum.  Please post back with the results if you try it.

In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: Block specific individual/s from posting in forums

by Emma Yench -

Thanks for your response Rob

I don't have administrator privileges, so so far as I can tell, i can't change anyone's role. Really, there should be a way for instructors to manage this, it shouldn't need an administrators intervention.

Cheers

Emma