Docking causes all block to vanish in 2.3

Docking causes all block to vanish in 2.3

by Alan Cherwinski -
Number of replies: 1
Since upgrading to 2.3 on a site with only the core themes, I discovered that in a few core themes (which worked properly in 2.2) now when I dock one block all the other blocks vanish. If then I undock the only visible docked block all the blocks are gone. It takes a couple of page reloads to bring them back. It happens on both Firefox and IE. I tested on two different desktops. The themes appesred to work properly before the upgrade, some themes stillwok perfectly, and docing in enabled site wide. Any suggestions about where to start looking for a solution will be appreciated. Thank you Alan
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Cherwinski

Re: Docking causes all block to vanish in 2.3

by Itamar Tzadok -

I can only confirm that there seem to be some issues with themes behavior in latest 2.3 compared to 2.2. This may have something to do with how Moodle decides whether the pre and post regions contain blocks. In my case, blocks on front page are in a center region and hidden from everyone but admin. When admin logged in the blocks appeared in post region (right column) and it took admin a page refresh to get them rendered in the center region. I removed the pre and post region from the theme frontpage layout so now the blocks do not appear at all after login and it takes a page refresh to get them on the page. Firefox and Chrome. smile