making course week content more legible

making course week content more legible

by Jose Bobren -
Number of replies: 4

Good Morning!

Could someone help me to find a way to improve the appearance of the course content inside the week block? (see attachment)

I am using the collapse course plugin which works nice. moodle 2.3 latest version.

How I would like to see it? It is difficult to see under each day what it is assigned. The only "move" options from the edit menu allows me to move the assessment to a different location. It only afects the order it is displayed. Space between days will work, but if someone throws some light... I might be even able to even modify the icons.

Thanks for your attention....and help!

Attachment week.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jose Bobren

Re: making course week content more legible

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Jose,

Do you mean the space between the assignments in your example?  If so then you need to adjust the '.path-course-view .section .activity a' css selectors 'line-height' attribute in your theme (or override it) - I think the default is '1em'.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Jose Bobren -

Thanks for the quick reply. I would prefer to have space between days, not assignments. for example each day there is 3 assignments. It will be nice to add a space between the days so it will be easier to understand what is due for each day.

In reply to Jose Bobren

by Derek Chirnside -

I know this is a cludge, but what about a label heading for each day?

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Jose,

I agree with Derek, that is the only way I can see that it can be achieved unless you use the 'Days' structure - but that limits you to 52 day courses.  Perhaps the assignments should be indented underneath the labels.

Cheers,

Gareth